Temporary Visas

Orlando Immigration Lawyer

Individuals who intend to visit the United States for reasons other than relocation here generally need to obtain a temporary non-immigrant visa. If you or someone you know needs to apply for a non-immigrant visa, the Orlando immigration attorney at Dowell Law, P.A. can provide the comprehensive legal assistance you need for this purpose. Dowell Law, P.A. devotes its practice entirely to immigration law and matters. Our small, intimate firm offers personalized and friendly service to clients throughout Orlando and the surrounding areas.

Non-immigrant visas may be needed if you are coming to the United States for pleasure, temporary employment, business, study, medical care, or for any other reason other than permanent relocation to the United States. This type of visa allows you to travel to the U.S. for a specific reason and for a specific time period. A non-immigrant visa is generally issued at a U.S. embassy or consulate in the home country of the person applying. In order to obtain one, you generally must show that you will leave the U.S. when the visa expires and that you will be able to support yourself while in this country. This type of visa cannot be applied for once you are actually in the U.S. A person with a valid non-immigrant visa, however, can apply for a change of status with the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service (USCIS) once in this country.

Florida Immigration Attorney

When you enter the U.S. with a non-immigrant visa, you will be issued an I-94 card which states the date by which you must leave the United States. To stay beyond that date, you must get permission from USCIS prior to the deadline date of your departure.

For help with any situation involving a non-immigrant visa, it is important that you consult with the Orlando immigration lawyer at the firm about the specifics of your case.